Grilled Flap Steak with Broccoli and Bell Peppers
- 4 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 4 beef flap steaks, about 170 g (6 oz) each
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets and blanched
- 2 tsp (10 ml) harissa paste
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Toss the peppers and meat in 1 tbsp of the oil. Roast the peppers on each side until the skin chars. Set aside in an airtight container for about 10 minutes. Peel the peppers and cut into cubes.
- Grill the meat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the desired doneness. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, soften the garlic, broccoli and bell peppers in the remaining oil (2 tbsp), about 2 minutes. Add the harissa and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the steaks against the grain of the meat. Serve with the vegetables and steamed rice.
To make Beef Farfalle with Roasted Bell Peppers, set aside 1 ½ cups of the cooked vegetables and one grilled steak.