Kale Grilled Cheese
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (75 g) frozen corn kernels, thawed (or fresh corn, cooked)
- 2 cups (50 g) kale leaves, chopped
- 8 slices loaf bread
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) whole-grain mustard
- 5 oz (150 g) sharp local cheddar cheese, sliced
- 5 oz (150 g) semi-firm, washed-rind cheese, like local Gouda, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 g) butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the garlic
in the oil. Add the corn and kale. Continue cooking for
about 4 minutes or until the kale is al dente. Season with
salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush half of the bread slices with mustard. Cover with cheddar slices and top with the kale mixture. Add the semi-firm cheese on top of the kale and close with the remaining bread slices.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, brown two sandwiches at a time in half the butter. Flip gently and continue cooking until the cheese has melted.