Hoisin Sauce Chicken Legs
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fish sauce (nuoc-mam)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 6 chicken legs, fat trimmed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, combine the garlic and sauces.
- Place the chicken legs and vegetables in a 33 X 23-cm (13 x 9-inch) baking dish. Baste with the sauce. Bake for about 1 hour or until the meat falls off the bone. Baste frequently.
- Serve with Sesame Broccoli and basmati rice.
If you cook on Sunday ...
This dish can be prepared in advance. You can marinate the meat until Tuesday night and bake it for dinner. A shortcut: this dish can be cooked on Sunday and frozen.