- 24 oysters
Bloody Caesar Oysters
- 2 tsp fleur de sel
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) tomato and clam cocktail (such as Clamato)
- 4 tsp (20 ml) vodka
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) Tabasco sauce
- 24 oysters, shucked
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin sticks
- A few small celery leaves (optional)
- In a shallow dish, combine all the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Clamato, vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spoon about 1 tsp of the mixture onto each oyster according to its size. Top with some of the vegetables. Sprinkle with small celery leaves and spicy salt, to taste. Serve immediately.