Lime and Sesame Edamame Dip
- 1 ½ cups (210 g) frozen shelled soybeans (edamame)
- ½ cup (15 g) cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tahini
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sambal oelek
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) olive oil
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the soybeans for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a food processor, finely chop the soybeans and cilantro with the lime juice, tahini and sambal oelek. Add the oil and water and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with pita chips and/or raw vegetables.
Dip will keep for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.