Mushroom and Tomato Skewers
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (25 g) chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup (25 g) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
- 4 cups (560 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) whole white mushrooms
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, brown the garlic in the oil. Add the herbs and cook for 30 seconds or until wilted. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, oil and honey.
- Thread the tomatoes and mushrooms onto separate skewers. Brush the mushrooms with the mustard mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the mushroom skewers for 3 minutes on each side or until caramelized. Grill the tomato skewers for 2 minutes or until blistered.
- Place the skewers on a large serving platter. Garnish with the sautéed herbs. Delicious with carrot juice couscous (see recipe).