Hot Fudge Sundae with Caramel Popcorn
- ¼ cup (25 g) cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (53 g) sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 ml) 35% heavy cream
- 2 cups (500 ml) vanilla ice cream (or 8 scoops of ¼ cup/60 ml each)
- 1 cup (35 g) homemade or store-bought caramel popcorn (see recipe)
- ¼ cup (38 g) salted and roasted peanuts, crushed
- Place 4 sundae glasses or 2-cup (500 ml) Mason jars in the freezer until ready to serve.
- In a saucepan, off the heat, combine the cocoa powder, sugar and cornstarch. Add the cream and bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk. Let simmer for 10 seconds. Let cool for 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Fill the frosted glasses or jars, alternating between ice cream scoops, popcorn, nuts and fudge sauce. Serve immediately.