Asian-Style Chicken Skewers
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) rice vinegar
- Hot pepper, chopped, to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked for 30 minutes in water
- Open the chicken thighs and cut into strips, as much as possible.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Add the chicken. Toss, cover, and refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners on high.
- Drain the chicken and thread onto the skewers.
- Cook the skewers on the grill for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and grilled zucchini.