- 4 cups (1 litre)
Oregano Tomato Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cans (28 oz/796 ml each) San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, lightly brown the garlic in the oil. Add the tomatoes and crush with a wooden spoon. Add the dried oregano, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- When ready to serve, add a few leaves of fresh oregano. Delicious with Potato Gnocchi.