Vanilla Panna Cotta
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cold water
- 1 cup (250 ml) 35% heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- ½ cup (105 g) sugar
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let bloom for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, gently warm the cream, milk, sugar, vanilla seeds and pod, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Whisk in the gelatin until completely dissolved. Strain.
- Pour the mixture into six 1-cup (250 ml) glasses. Let cool. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 6 hours or until set.
- Serve topped with Plum Confit or White Wine-Poached Peaches.