Coleslaw with Corn and Herbs
- 5 cups (425 g) thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups (300 g) fresh or frozen corn kernels, blanched
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sambal oelek
- ¼ cup (10 g) chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup (10 g) chopped basil
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup (65 g) pine nuts, roasted
- Small cilantro, basil and mint leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, half of the corn, the lemon juice, oil and sambal oelek. Add half of the herbs and half of the green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining corn, herbs and green onions.
- Place the salad on a serving platter and garnish with the reserved corn mixture and the pine nuts. Sprinkle with the cilantro, basil and mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Prepare the corn and herb mixture just before serving as the herbs may discolour if left too long in the lemon juice.