- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (160 g) quick-cooking polenta
- 1/2 cup (35 g) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) 35% heavy cream, hot
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Sprinkle in the polenta, stirring constantly with a whisk. Let simmer over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon. Add broth, if needed.
- Off the heat, stir in the Parmesan and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Polenta firms up quickly as it cools. We recommend preparing it last minute and serving immediately. To thin it out, just add some hot broth.