Red Lamb Curry
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 clove
- Salt and pepper
- 3 1/2 lb (1.6 kg) boneless lamb shoulder, fat removed and cubed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (375 g) baby potatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- In a small food processor, purée all the ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown half the meat at a time in the oil. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes and curry paste to the slow cooker. Toss together well. Add the broth and mix thoroughly. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours. It can be maintained on Warm for up to 8 hours.