Mango Chutney Salmon
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch (1.5 cm) cubes
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch (1.5 cm) cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) skinless salmon, cut into 4 steaks
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) store-bought mango chutney (see note)
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the prepared baking sheet, combine the vegetables and 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, brown the salmon in the remaining oil for 4 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until the desired doneness, brushing several times with the mango chutney. Sprinkle with the crushed peppercorns and parsley. Season with salt.
- Serve the salmon with the roasted vegetables.
Find mango chutney in the same aisle as Indian curry pastes and sauces.