- 4 appetizers
Scallop Crudo with Strawberry Salsa
- 1 green onion, thinly julienned
- 1/2 cup (70 g) strawberries, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (70 g) cherry tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 tsp (20 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 very fresh large scallops, thinly sliced crosswise
- Soak the green onion in a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In another bowl, combine the strawberries, tomatoes, jalapeno, vinegar and oil. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the scallop slices on individual plates, top with the strawberry salsa and garnish with the green onion.