Brown Rice Bowl with Lentils, Carrots and Grapes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and julienned with a julienne peeler, or coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- Poppy seeds, to taste (optional)
- 4 cups (600 g) cooked brown rice (see note)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz/398 ml) Puy lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced and lightly drizzled with lemon juice
- 1 cup (130 g) seedless grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup (10 g) cilantro leaves or microgreens
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the carrots with the lemon juice. Season with salt. Sprinkle with poppy seeds, if desired.
- In another bowl, combine the brown rice and green onions.
- Divide the rice mixture among serving bowls and top with the lentils, carrots and the remaining ingredients. When ready to serve, drizzle with the dressing.
Use 1 1/2 cups of raw brown rice to make 4 cups of cooked rice.