- ¾ cup (180 ml)
Earl Grey and Ground Cherry Syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (55 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (80 g) unwrapped ground cherries
- 3 bags Earl Grey tea
- 1 long orange zest, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and ground cherries to a boil. Simmer for 1 minute or until the cherries have burst open slightly.
- Off the heat, add the tea bags and orange zest. Cover and infuse for 20 minutes. Remove the tea bags and zest. Let cool.
- Serve over crepes or ice cream, or in our The Cherry Tea cocktail (see recipe). The syrup will keep for 2 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.