One-Pot Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach
- 1/4 cup (50 g) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup (10 g) fresh basil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- 3/4 lb (340 g) pasta (such as penne, shells, spaghetti broken in half)
- 5 oz (140 g) baby spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, as desired
- In a food processor, finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, oil, capers and garlic. Set aside the sun-dried tomato pesto (see note).
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring the milk and broth to a boil. Add the pasta and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomato pesto and spinach. Cook for 1 minute, allowing the spinach to wilt and the sauce to thicken. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan.
For an even quicker option, substitute your favourite store-bought pesto (1/4 cup).