- 6 cups (660 g) cored and cubed Cortland apples
- 6 cups (660 g) cored and cubed McIntosh apples
- 3 tbsp (40 g) sugar
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat (see note).
- Place the cubed apples on the prepared sheet and bake for 1 hour or until tender, stirring twice during baking.
- In a food processor, purée the warm apples with the sugar until smooth. Pass through a sieve, if desired.
We prefer using a silicone mat when baking the apples to keep them as moist as possible.