Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Rolls
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers
- 1/2 block (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
- 24 small dill fronds
- 1 oz (30 g) smoked salmon, cut into 24 bite-sized pieces
- Mullet roe, as desired
- Using a mandoline or a vegetable peeler, thinly slice the cucumbers on two sides to obtain 24 strips. Set aside. Keep the cores for another use.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and jalapeno. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture onto the length of the cucumber strips. Place a dill frond at one end of each strip, letting it slightly hang over the edge. Tightly roll up the strips.
- Arrange the rolls upright on a serving platter. Top with the smoked salmon and, if desired, the mullet roe.
Mullet roe can be found at most fish shops and is an excellent alternative to caviar.