Fresh Berry Mendiants
- 8 oz (225 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (40 g) fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup (40 g) fresh cherries, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup (35 g) fresh raspberries, halved
- 1/4 cup (35 g) fresh strawberries, cut into thin wedges
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Melt half of the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave or in a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water. Add the remaining chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- For each mendiant, spoon 2 tsp (10 ml) of chocolate onto the prepared sheet and spread with the back of the spoon to form a small disc. Top with the fruit as you work. Let rest for 1 hour at room temperature or until the chocolate is firm, or refrigerate for 15 minutes. Best enjoyed the same day.
Mendiants, little chocolate discs topped with fruits and nuts, are traditional French holiday confections.