- 1 cup (150 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (55 g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (75 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (105 g) sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) mango purée (see note)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter and line a square 8-inch (20 cm) cake pan with parchment paper, letting it hang over two sides.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients until the dough has a grainy texture. Lightly press into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the eggs. Stir in the mango purée and lemon juice. Pour onto the crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the filling is set. Let cool on a wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the filling and refrigerate for 2 hours. Unmould and cut into squares.
For 1 cup (250 ml) of mango purée, process 2 cups (340 g) of cubed mango in a blender until smooth, then strain.