Greek-Style Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 pork or veal chops, each about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- Vegetable oil, to taste
- Lemon wedges, to taste
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium-high. Oil the grate.
- Place the chops on a large plate and sprinkle with the salt, oregano and pepper. Let rest for 10 minutes. Pat dry and oil lightly.
- Grill the meat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with a squeeze of lemon.