- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) chopped green onions
- 1 package (227 g/8 oz) white mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup (250 ml) store-bought mild or hot salsa
- 8 8-inch (20-cm) flour tortillas
- 2 cups (500 ml) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the onions and mushrooms in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and let cool a few minutes. Add the bell pepper, chicken and salsa. Adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
- Lay the tortillas on a flat surface. Scatter 60 ml (1/4 cup) cheese on half of each tortilla. Spoon 1/8 of the chicken–vegetable mixture onto the cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling, pressing lightly to seal.
- In 2 large non-stick skillets over medium-low heat, brown 4 quesadillas at a time in 15 ml (1 tablespoon) oil per skillet, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
You can cook the chicken and vegetables ahead of time. Come Thursday, dinner will take just minutes.