Chicken Burgers with Bacon and Caper-Mayonnaise Sauce
- 1 green onion, cut into chunks
- 1 ½ lb (675 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 6 hamburger buns
- Caper-mayonnaise sauce, to taste (see recipe)
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 bacon slices, cooked
- 6 tomato slices
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- In a food processor, finely chop the green onion. Add the chicken and finely chop. Season with salt and pepper.
- With your hands, shape the chicken mixture into 6 large patties. Place on an oiled plate.
- Grill the patties for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Toast the hamburger buns, if desired.
- Spread the inside of the hamburger buns with caper-mayonnaise sauce. Place the lettuce and patties on the bottom of each bun. Top with the bacon and tomato slices. Close with the bun tops.