Israeli Couscous Salad
- 3/4 cup (160 g) Israeli couscous
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (25 g) chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (30 g) roasted pine nuts (optional)
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the couscous for 15 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Let rest for 10 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Serve immediately.