Salmon and Dill Danish Open-Faced Sandwiches (Smørrebrød)
- 2 cans (150 g) boneless, skinless salmon, drained
- 3 oz (85 g) smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup (10 g) dill fronds
- 4 cooked beets, sliced
- 8 slices rye bread, toasted
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the canned salmon, smoked salmon, yogurt, oil, capers and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of beets on each slice of bread. Top with the salmon mixture, then slices of cucumber. Serve with lemon wedges on the side. Delicious served with a green salad or crudités.
To save time, we used store-bought cooked beets and ready-to-eat boneless, skinless canned salmon.