Shrimp and Pineapple Salad with Cucumber Water
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 lb (450 g) large frozen shrimp (16-20), thawed
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 oignon vert, haché
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (15 g) mixed herbs, small leaves only (such as mint, Thai basil, cilantro)
- In a blender, purée all the ingredients until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve, but don’t press down to keep the liquid as clear as possible. Season with salt and pepper. Keep refrigerated.
- Place the shrimp in a small pot of cold salted water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute. Drain and plunge into cold water. Peel the shrimp and cut in half horizontally. Place in a bowl.
- Add the cucumber, avocado, green onion and pineapple to the shrimp. Mix gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cucumber water among four shallow plates. Top with the shrimp salad and garnish with the herbs.