- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with two layers of paper towel.
- Fry the green beans in the oil for 1 minute or until al dente. Watch out for splattering. Drain on the paper towel.
- Fry the eggplant in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender and golden. Add to the green beans on the paper towel.
- Fry the tofu in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly golden. Add to the vegetables on the paper towel.
- In a wok or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, soften the bell pepper, garlic and chili pepper in 1 tbsp (15 ml) of oil. Add the green beans, eggplant, tofu, seasoning sauce, soybean paste, oyster sauce and sugar. Mix well.
- Garnish with Thai basil leaves and serve with rice, if desired.