Stir-Fried Noodles with Vegetables
- 3/4 lb (340 g) Asian-style wheat noodles (see note)
- 1 bunch rapini or baby broccoli, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) sections
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly slice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (10 g) cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) seasoning sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the noodles for 1 minute or until they separate from each other. Drain and lightly oil.
- In a large, deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the rapini in the oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Push the vegetables towards the sides of the skillet. Add the eggs to the centre of the skillet and let cook for 2 minutes without stirring. Add the noodles and remaining ingredients. Mix well. Serve with the lime wedges.
There are many varieties of Asian-style noodles on the market. For this recipe, we used wheat-based Hokkien noodles, which are sold precooked and vacuum-sealed in the Asian section of most grocery stores.