Flatbread Pizzas with Spinach and Feta
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 6 cups (140 g) baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup (90 g) crumbled feta cheese (see note)
- 4 Greek pitas or naan bread, about 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter
- Lemon wedges
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, lightly brown the garlic in the oil. Add the spinach and oregano. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Drain the spinach in a strainer and let cool.
- Place the pitas on the prepared sheet. Top each one with one-quarter of the spinach and feta, then drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 12 minutes or until the flatbread is light golden brown. Let cool and serve with a squeeze of lemon.
The feta cheese can be replaced with ricotta cheese, as desired.