- 7 cups (1.75 litres)
Pressure Cooker Applesauce
- 4.4 lb (2 kg) McIntosh apples, cored and cubed
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- ½ cup (105 g) sugar (optional)
- Place the apple cubes and water in the pressure cooker. Cover and select the Programmable function on High. Set the machine to cook for 5 minutes.
- Let the pressure release manually. Once the pressure is released, remove the lid.
- In a blender, purée half of the apples at a time with half of the sugar (if using) until smooth. The applesauce will keep in an airtight container for 3 weeks in the refrigerator.