Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- Cilantro, to taste
- 1 lb (450 g) large shrimp (16-20), peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- 12 soft corn tortillas, about 6 inches (15 cm) in diameter
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, brown the shrimp in the oil. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- In a bowl, mash the avocados and lime juice with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the avocado purée on the tortillas. Top with the shrimp and mango salsa.