- 2 cups (500 ml)
Korean-Style Vegetable Pickles
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch (5 mm) rounds
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch (5 mm) strips
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mirin
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) rice vinegar
- In a pot of boiling salted water, blanch the vegetables for 1 minute. Drain. Chill under cold running water.
- In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, sesame oil, mirin and rice vinegar. Add the vegetables and stir well to combine.