Linguine alle Vongole
- 2.2 lb (1 kg) clams
- 3/4 lb (340 g) linguini
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 bird’s eye chili pepper, finely chopped, or to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup (10 g) parsley, finely chopped
- Rinse the clams under cold water and let soak for 5 minutes to eliminate all traces of sand. Discard any that are open or cracked.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the linguini until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, soften the shallots, garlic and chili pepper in the oil. Add the clams and wine. Simmer just until all of the clams have opened, about 5 minutes, making sure not to overcook them. Discard any clams that have not opened.
- Add the pasta, butter, lemon zest and juice and parsley. Mix well to coat the pasta in the sauce.
This recipe was created by Café RICARDO chef, Isabelle Deschamps-Plante.