Cherry Tomato Sauce
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, soften the onion in the oil. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the cherry tomatoes and broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, finely chop the bread pieces into breadcrumbs. In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the milk and let soak for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients, except the bell peppers, and mix well with your hands.
- Oil each bell pepper half and season with salt and pepper. With lightly oiled hands, form the veal mixture into 6 balls. Place 1 ball into each bell pepper half and gently press the filling down. Place the stuffed bell peppers filling side up in the skillet of cherry tomato sauce. Drizzle the stuffed peppers with olive oil.
- Roast for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with more Parmesan. Serve the stuffed bell peppers and cherry tomato sauce with rice, if desired.