- 4 to 6
Pasta Salad with Avocado and Tuna
- ¾ lb (340 g) rotini
- 1 green onion, cut into a fine julienne
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 cans (7 oz/198 g) oil-packed tuna, drained
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and cut into a fine julienne
- 1 cup (50 g) arugula, thinly sliced
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and toss with a little oil.
- Meanwhile, place the green onion in a small bowl and cover with cold water. Drain when ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, using a fork, mash 1 avocado with the lemon zest and half of the lemon juice. Add the mayonnaise and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cooled pasta.
- Thinly slice the other avocado and drizzle with the remaining lemon juice.
- Serve the pasta in bowls. Garnish with the tuna, bell pepper, arugula, green onion and slices of avocado.