Multi-Cooker Plain Yogurt in Jars
- 5 cups (1.25 litres) 3.25% milk
- 1/2 cup (55 g) milk powder
- 1 packet (5 g) powdered yogurt starter
- In a pot over medium-high heat, bring the milk and milk powder to a boil, stirring constantly. Transfer to a bowl and let cool for 1 hour.
- Add the yogurt starter and mix well. In a sieve set over a bowl, strain the mixture. Pour about 3/4 cup (180 ml) of the mixture into 1-cup (250 ml) sterilized glass jars (see note). Seal the jars and place in the pressure cooker. Add enough water to cover the jars halfway.
- Cover and select the Yogurt function. Set the timer for 4 hours. Remove the jars from the water and dry with a clean cloth.
- Refrigerate the yogurt for 4 hours. When ready to serve, garnish with fresh fruit, jam or granola, to taste. The yogurt will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
In order to fit all of the glass jars in the pressure cooker at once, use tall, narrow jars, rather than short, wide jars.