Turkey Stew with Potatoes and Peppers
- 1 ½ lb (675 g) turkey thighs, cubed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, various colours, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ lb (675 g) Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- Tarragon, chives or basil, finely chopped, to taste (see note)
- In a large skillet over high heat, brown the turkey in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and potatoes. Cook for another 2 minutes while stirring. Add the broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the lemon juice and fresh herbs. Adjust the seasoning.
Tarragon lends a bright flavour to an otherwise simple dish. Chives add a slight bite and basil gives a little rustic Italian flair.