Kale and Celery Waldorf Salad
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 6 cups (180 g) kale, stems removed and leaves torn
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) roasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (75 g) dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 red endives, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 green apple, cored, quartered, thinly sliced and lightly sprinkled with lemon juice
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Add the dressing and mix well. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving to allow the kale to soften (see note). The salad can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours before serving.
If you would like to serve the salad immediately, start by lightly oiling the kale and massaging it gently with your fingers to soften the leaves before adding the remaining ingredients.