Crispy Kale and Avocado Toasts
- 4 oz (115 g) kale, stems removed, leaves cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp Montreal steak spice
- 1 baguette bread
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 12 green grapes, cut into rounds (optional)
- With both racks in the middle positions, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the baking sheet, massage the kale with the oil and steak spice. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the kale is crispy, stirring halfway through.
- On a work surface, cut the bread in half horizontally, then cut into 8 pieces. Place on a second baking sheet. Bake at the same time as the kale for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and lemon juice with a fork.
- Spread the avocado over the toasted bread. Garnish with the kale chips and grapes, if desired.
To transform these avocado toasts from an appetizer into a main course, add roasted white fish.