Sheet-Pan Udon Noodles with Chicken and Curried Onions
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 packages (200 g each) fresh udon noodles
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups (255 g) cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (10 g) cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp marinated ginger (for sushi), coarsely chopped (optional)
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- On a non-stick or parchment paper-lined baking sheet, toss the onions with the oil and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until the onions start to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of salted boiling water, cook the noodles until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Add the noodles, soy sauce and red pepper flakes to the cooked onions. Mix well. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the chicken, red onion, radishes, cilantro and marinated ginger, if desired.