Edamame and Cilantro Veggie Pâté
- 1 cup (160 g) potato, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1 ½ cups (220 g) frozen edamame, thawed and blanched for 1 minute
- ½ cup (75 g) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (10 g) cilantro leaves and stems
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour
- ¼ cup (15 g) nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Oil a 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) bread tin and line with parchment paper, letting it hang over 2 sides.
- In a food processor, finely chop the potato, onion and garlic. Add the remaining ingredients and purée until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed. Season with pepper. Transfer to the bread tin and even out the surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve. Unmould. The veggie pâté will keep for 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Try crispy veggie pâté:
Once the veggie pâté has completely chilled, cut it into cubes and toss in chickpea flour. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the cubes on all sides in a layer of canola oil for a few minutes or until crispy.