Chimichurri Salad with Grilled Vegetables
- ½ cup (15 g) parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup (15 g) cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 lb (450 g) Nantes carrots
- 4 cups (180 g) romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 avocado, cut into thin wedges and lightly drizzled with lemon juice
- Edible flowers (pansies, nasturtiums, marigolds, etc.), to taste (optional)
Chimichurri (see note)
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season with pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Grill the corn and carrots for 10 minutes or until cooked and nicely caramelized, turning them over frequently. Let cool. Cut the kernels off the cobs and the carrots into rounds on an angle.
- Place the corn and carrots in a bowl. Add the lettuce and half of the chimichurri. Mix well. Adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Top with the avocado and edible flowers, if desired. Serve with the remaining chimichurri.
The chimichurri is also delicious as a marinade for shrimp, chicken or tofu.