Grilled Cuban Sandwich in a Hot Dog Bun
- 2 pains à hot-dog
- 4 tsp (20 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 slices cold meat (such as roast pork, turkey or ham)
- 2 slices cheese (such as Swiss, raclette or other)
- 2 tbsp frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 6 slices marinated chili peppers
- Cilantro leaves, to taste (optional)
- Cover the inside and outside of the buns with the mayonnaise. Fill the buns with the remaining ingredients. Press lightly on the sandwiches to close them.
- In a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat, cook the sandwiches on both sides until the cheese has melted and the buns are golden. Serve immediately.