Ham, Egg and Fresh Herb Sandwiches
- 6 sour pickles, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
- 4 thin sandwich breads, split open
- ½ block (4 oz/125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices smoked ham
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- ¼ English cucumber, cut into thin strips
- In a bowl, combine the pickles, herbs and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the inside of the breads with the cream cheese. Layer in the ham, eggs and cucumber. Garnish with the herb mixture. Close the sandwiches.