- ¼ cup (40 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 shallots, cut into thin rounds
- Canola oil, for frying
- In a small pot, add a layer of oil about 1 inch (2.5 cm) deep. Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish.
- Dredge the shallots in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Fry the shallots in the hot oil until crispy and lightly golden, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on the paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
The fried shallots with keep for 2 days in an airtight container at room temperature.