Spaghetti with Arugula Pesto
- 4 cups (1 litre) packed arugula
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb (375g) spaghetti
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shavings, to taste
- In a food processor, finely chop the arugula, pine nuts, cheese and garlic with the lemon juice. Add the oil in a stream until the mixture is creamy and slightly grainy. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Set 125 ml (1/2 cup) of cooking water aside. Drain the pasta.
- In the same pot, combine the pasta with the pesto. Add cooking water as needed. Adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese shavings.
Serve this pesto with white fish, in an omelet, sandwich or even a salad dressing.