Winter Hot Spots
8 great places to play in the snow across Canada!
- 1Kouchibouguac National Park (Kouchibouguac, NB)A myriad of activities are available here, but an afternoon of snowshoeing may just be your best bet.
- 2Mount Royal Park (Montreal, QC)From ice skating on Beaver Lake to sledding at the base of the mountain, it's a winter paradise in the heart of the city.
- 3Laurentian Mountains (Mont - Tremblant, QC)Just north of Montreal, the Laurentians are a veritable playground for winter lovers.
- 4Gatineau National Park (Gatineau, QC)Going on a winter stroll? Three hiking trails are at your disposal for a memorable experience.
- 5Rideau Canal (Ottawa, ON)A classic spot to ice skate in our nation's capital.
- 6Nathan Phillips Square (Toronto, ON)The reflecting pool in the popular city square transforms into a skating rink come winter.
- 7Banff National Park (Lake Louise, AB)Just a 90-minute drive from Calgary, hit up Banff and partake in a bevy of winter activities.
- 8Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort (Whistler, BC)One of the top ski resorts in the country, a winter getaway here is a must, no matter your activity of choice.
Your quick guide to a relaxing post-activity supper.
Think in advance Prior to leaving for the day, take the time to decide what will be on the menu for when you return.
Shop the day beforeAfter a whole day spent outside, no one has the time or energy to head to the grocery store. Be sure to shop for everything you need ahead of time!
Reach for the slow cookerIt's unanimous among our readers: preparing a meal in the slow cooker is the best tip for a succesful and efficient post-winter activity supper.
Don't forget snacksHaving tasty, easy-to-assemble snacks ready upon your return will help settle rumbly tummies as they wait for the main meal—and will leave you feeling less rushed!
Keep warmNothing caps off a cold day spent with family, friends or with your significant other better than sitting by the fireplace. But why not switch things up with a (safe) backyard bonfire instead?
Warm and comforting winter essentials.