- 30 MIN
- 1 H 15
- 7 H
- 10 servings
- 1 1/4 cups (160 g) graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup (55 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 square sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil, 18 inches (45 cm) wide
- 3/4 cup (160 g) sugar
- 1 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 blocks (250 g each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dark rum
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line the bottom of an 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Press the mixture into the bottom and one-third up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool completely. Generously butter the inside of the pan.
3. Tightly wrap the base and outer sides of the pan with a double layer of the aluminum foil, letting it extend upward. Adjust the oven temperature to 325°F (165°C).
4. In a food processor, combine the sugar, flour and spices. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, eggs and egg yolks. Process until just smooth. With a spatula, scrape the sides several times. Stir in the rum. Pour onto the crust.
5. Prepare a hot water bath: Place the cake in a large baking dish and pour boiling water into the dish to reach halfway up the pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the cake reads 150°F (65°C). Remove the cake from the water bath and the aluminum foil. Let cool for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or until completely chilled.
7. Run the blade of a knife between the cake and the pan and unmould. Serve or freeze. If frozen, leave the cake at room temperature for 4 hours before serving.